The #1 FREE Newsletter in Sports Investing
Issue 21 – November 6, 2015
The Rice Owls meet the Miners from UTEP in a Friday Conference USA game that looks boring to Joe Bettor. (Just the way we like them.) The Owls were pummeled on tv last week by La Tech, 42-17. Quarterback Driphus Jackson completed half his passes for 180 yards. In short, the Owls had 1 scoring drive to even the game at 7-7. Four drives and two quarters later… 35-7 La Tech, game over. The Owls need this win bad to get to 5-4 and more importantly, to stay on pace for a bowl game. The Owls opened up as 6 point road favorites. Early betting saw that number rise to -7. The total opened up at 60.5 and jumped to 62 before pulling back to 57.
Last week, we had ANOTHER WINNING week.
NFL 6 – 1 last week
Patriots, Minnesota, Oakland, Over in Chargers, Over in Panthers and Bengals Thursday $$$
College chopped 3-3 and set for HUGE bounce
Still take BIG profits 9 -4 week!!
First let’s look at the home team, the Utep Miners. Rough season is an understatement. Coming off their best win, 27-17 over Florida Atlantic, the Miners dropped a 21 point loss to Southern Miss. Like I said, rough. So will UTEP be movivated by the television cameras and chance to get to 4-5 and whoop Rice?
The biggest problem for the Miners is defense. They rank 125 of 128 FBS teams. To put things in perspective, Incarnate Word had over 400 yards and scored 17 points against this UTEP team. Rice has an Offensive Efficiency of 47.7, 67th best in the country or middle of the road FBS team. check out their trends.
•Under is 5-0 in Miners last 5 home games.
• Under is 5-0 in Miners last 5 games on turf.
• Under is 4-0 in Miners last 4 games following a ATS win.
• Under is 5-1 in Miners last 6 conference games.
• Under is 4-1 in Miners last 5 games overall.
• Under is 4-1 in Miners last 5 games in November.
• Over is 8-2 in Miners last 10 games following a S.U. loss.
• Under is 4-1 in Miners last 5 games following a SU loss of more than 20 points.
• Under is 8-3 in Miners last 11 games after allowing more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
Offensively, the Miners rank 122 of 128 teams. Ranking near the bottom in offense and defense will not make for many fans. So, to answer our previous question…NO. Don’t expect a Jesse Whittenton-like performance from the Miners.
The Owls, like the Miners suck on defense. 123rd will put you two spots ahead of UTEP and very close to the bottom.
The Owls offense has had some success this year. Jackson has thrown for 1568 yards and has 13 touchdowns vs only 4 interceptions. Running backs Darik Dillard and Samuel Stewart have combined for over 750 yards and 8 touchdowns.
•Owls are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS loss.
• Owls are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 40 points in their previous game.
• Owls are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a S.U. loss.
• Owls are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
• Owls are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
• Owls are 28-10-2 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
• Owls are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 280 yards passing in their previous game.
• Owls are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games.
• Owls are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a SU loss of more than 20 points.
• Owls are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
The total opened at 60.5 Sunday night. Expected early action moved the line to 62. It has since pulled back to 57. How can you not play the OVER 57 in this one? Because the UTEP offense is awful.